Disclosure: This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group™and Barilla, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #JoytotheTable http://cmp.ly/3/8vNxcO
Sometime over the Summer my husband ordered lasagna at an Italian restaurant and when it came out, it was flat and thinner. He raved about it and offered me a bite. It tasted like someone's sweet nonna made it just for us. I have only ever known wavy lasagna noodles and was blown away at the difference in noodles. My mind went into overdrive thinking of ways I could cook it up if I could find the noodles. I started asking all my foodie friends and found out Barilla makes it! I was going through the weekly ads and noticed Vons (or any SAFEWAY brand stores) had a promotion for $1 OFF the purchase of ONE (1) box of Barilla® Lasagne and ONE (1) Barilla® Sauce - saving that money opened up more of my budget to the good stuff - sweet italian sausage and asparagus!
I went for Barilla Roasted Garlic pasta sauce and of course the rolled flat Barilla Oven-Ready Lasagne, the asparagus added a little crunch and color and the sweet sausage offset the punch of the garlic. I decided to make it in my Crock Pot for ease during the crazy holidays! Eat good but make cooking easy and hey, just call me nonna!
Sweet Italian Sausage and Asparagus Crock Pot Lasagna Ingredients
- 24 oz. Barilla Roasted Garlic Pasta Sauce
- 1 lb. Sweet Italian Sausage
- 15 oz. Ricotta Cheese
- 1 Egg
- 9 oz. Barilla Oven-Ready Lasagne
- 2 1/2 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup Asparagus
- Brown italian sausage in a pan, set aside
- Mix ricotta cheese, 2 cups of mozzarella cheese and egg, set aside
- Oil the bottom of your Crock Pot, pour 1/2 a cup of sauce and spread evenly
- Top with 2 sheets of lasagne
- Pour 1/2 cup of sauce and 3/4 of cheese mixture on the first layer, top with 1/3 cup of cooked sausage and 1/4 cup of asparagus
- Continue for one more layer
- On the final layer, top with 2 sheets of lasagne, pour remaining sauce, top with remaining cheese mixture and mozzarella.
- Set temp on low for 2 hours then change temp to high for 30 minutes and remove lid
- Let the lasagne stand in your Crock Pot for 20 minutes, serve
You can do ground beef, turkey or sausage or even mix the meats. This lasagna holds up well - you can freeze it and reheat. It is super yummy and easy!
I picked up Barilla Roasted Garlic pasta sauce and Barilla Oven-Ready Lasagne and it was perfection with sweet italian sausage and asparagus!
Cheese mixture looking so inviting!
Browned sausage and fresh asparagus
Labels: Barilla, Food, Lasagne, Recipe, Sweet Italian Sausage And Asparagus Crock Pot Lasagna