Disclosure: This is part of a sponsored campaign with the California Milk Processor Board and Latina Mom Bloggers. However, all opinions expressed are my own.
When I made my easy pumpkin tres leches cake in October, I had no idea I would be dreaming of other flavors I could test out... it's only right that in December, I made mint chocolate chip! Mint chocolate reminds me of Winter, cool and refreshing but warms you right up.... yes yes yes. Tres leches wasn't big in my home when I was growing up so I feel like I'm trying to catch up as an adult. This recipe is fun because I packaged it up special for the holidays and it makes this cheap dessert look real pricey. And from what I've been told over the years, everyone loves homemade treats as gifts. A case of 8 oz. jars will run you $8-10 for 12, my recipe will make about 8-10 jars (depending how your cake comes out). The ingredients are about $5-8 (most of the stuff you have at home already). I had ribbon and spoons but I'm sure you can score some for under $5. The low end of this gift will be about $1.80 each - are you sold yet? Get to it!
Mint Chocolate Chip Tres Leches Cake Ingredients
Mint Chocolate Chip Tres Leches Cake Directions
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 1/2 cups mint chocolate chips (I used Andres brand)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
Tres Leches Syrup Ingredients
- Heat oven to 325°F. Grease or lightly spray bottom only of 13x9-inch pan.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, oil, mint chips and eggs with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes. Pour into pan. Batter will be thick, spread it out evenly.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Use a fork to make small holes all over the cake.
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup condensed milk
Tres Leches Syrup Directions
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and pour syrup to soak the cake.
- Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Add a scoop of ice cream or whipped topping and serve!
I advise soaking the cake for a good 24 hours, it just really lets the flavors do it's job. Happy eating & gifting!
For the jars! To portion for 8 oz. jars, use the jar to cut out 2 cake circles and push down to fit. Add 8-12 tablespoons of tres leches syrup (depending on how soaked you want the cake). You can top with whipped topping and mint chocolate chips right before serving!
Add cute ribbon and a spoon to make it extra special for the holidays!
Check out more milk-based holiday recipes at TomaLeche.com and get your $1.00 off coupon!
Everyone loves Facebook - Like Toma Leche on Facebook
You can click on the leche below for your $1.00 off coupon!
Labels: Food, Mint Chocolate Chip Tres Leches Cake, Positivismo, Receta Toma Leche, Recipe