Disclosure: This is part of a compensated campaign with Latina Mom Bloggers and Huggies. However, all opinions expressed are my own.
From the dawn of time... no not really, more like since the beginning of my first son's toddler years, I've been asked by other parents - how do you get your baby to sleep and how to do you keep him asleep? That my friends, is parenting challenge numero uno. My theory is that baby's sleeping habits start when they are still in the womb. That's right mamas, when you train yourself to sleep early you are training baby to sleep early. That's my secret to the start of good sleep but here are my tried-and-true tips (results may vary):
Wishing you all the best sleeps!
- Make sure baby is comfy! An outfit could definitely be the cause of baby not sleeping! Does your baby have on too many layers? Is baby too hot or cold? These are all questions you should ask yourself.
- Clean, dry diapers! We make sure diapers are brand new before feedings. I know, this should be a no-brainer but you would be surprised at how many new parents don't know this!
- Let them sleep where they are! This advice is mainly for toddlers. See that picture up there? I do not move Omar unless he might fall off our bed. Find out where baby sleeps best!
- Be consistent with bedtime! Sometimes I'm in the middle of doing something right at 9pm and don't want to stop but I have to. Babies like rituals and routines, stick to it.
- Full tummy! You ever get sleepy after eating? Same thing happens with babies.
What are your favorite tips on getting baby to sleep? I would love to hear them!
The Huggies' parenting webisodes featuring Zuleyka Rivera, Huggies spokesperson, and her son Sebastian will be uploaded monthly and will be available on Huggies Latino Facebook page - You can check out the fourth one here! Share your thoughts and comments on the video here or on the YouTube video!
Grab a pack of Huggies Snug & Dry Diapers with New SureFit Design and Huggies Natural Care Wipes with New Triple Clean Layers and join Zuleyka as she puts Huggies to the test. Visit Huggies.com/tuprueba for more information on the new Huggies products.
Get Social with Huggies: @Huggies on Twitter #HuggiesLatino / Huggies Latino on Facebook / Huggies / Huggies Spanish
Labels: Baby Sleep, Brand Ambassador, Huggies, Huggies Latino, Latina Moms, Parenting Challenge, Zuleyka Rivera