Disclosure: I was invited to WWE Mamarazzi and Summer Slam. All thoughts are my own.
A little known fact is that I loved wrestling. Turns out my husband loved wrestling too but at different times in our lives. I even went to Wrestlemania in Houston in 2001. I was quite the Mick Foley/Mankind fan. The ever-changing story lines, the action and the fun really made for good tv but nothing compares to seeing a live show. The energy and excitement is contagious and when the invite came to attend The Moms WWE Mamarazzi and Summer Slam, I knew we had to take the littles.
The littles whose WWE knowledge was limited to seeing the Mattel line in stores were intrigued by all the outside action. We weren't even inside yet but they knew fun was going to be had. Just as I predicted, our 15 month old Omie (our little rowdy adventurer) would wild out. Babies know and love WWE. This is a fact.
Attending Summer Slam has rekindled our secret love affair with WWE. It was exactly what I remember it to be, maybe even better. The best part was listening to WWE EVP Creative Stephanie McMahon talk about being a power mom and making time for her kids. I'll admit, I am a workaholic and I have always been. I have been blessed this past year with attending conferences and one of the common topic threads is spending quality time with your family but nothing quite hits home until Stephanie McMahon says it.
Some interesting facts I learned about WWE:
- WWE has maintained a 30 YEAR partnership with Make-A-Wish, WWE Superstars and Divas have granted more than 3,600 wishes. John Cena alone has granted 375 wishes and is the only celebrity to reach this milestone.
- Be a STAR was launched by WWE and The Creative Coalition in 2011, the Be a STAR (Show Tolerance And Respect) program has delivered anti-bullying messages to students, parents and teachers across the globe.
- WWE Universe raised more than $1,000,000 for Susan G. Komen for the Cure
- WWE.com gets more than 344 MILLION page views per month
- WWE's Facebook Page has more fans than MLB, Gatorade, NFL, ESPN and Pepsi
- John Cena is the 3rd most followed American athlete, with more followers than Lebron James
The Miz was absolutely adorable telling us about his mom supporting his dreams by buying him paint and streamers so he could pretend he was The Ultimate Warrior.
Omie absolutely loved the Mattel suite. He could not believe I put him down and gave him the green light to go crazy.
The Moms! Melissa Musen Gerstein & Denise Albert
WWE Executive Vice President Creative, Stephanie McMahon and WWE Superstar The Miz
SoCal local Rey Mysterio!!! Duke loved cheering and booing the wrestlers! He thought he wouldn't like it but he's WWE's newest fan!
Summer Slam is intense and elaborate - if your life list is short, add on a WWE live event. I promise you, you will enjoy yourself.
This match was crazy! CM Punk vs. Brock Lesnar
Check out this video from The Moms about WWE Mamarazzi
Who is your favorite WWE Superstar?
Labels: LA, Mattel, Staples Center, Stephanie McMahon, Summer Slam, The Miz, The Moms, WWE Mamarazzi, WWE Moms