I remember my mom always telling me, "Breakfast is the most important part of the day". Even though I had a feeling she was right, it just wasn't important to me - I always skipped breakfast before school and never made a point to grab something to eat when I got there. I was well into my 20s when I finally started eating breakfast and it really set the tone for the day for me - I just felt better. I made sure to eat breakfast during all my pregnancies and now my sons all love eating in the morning. You were right Mom!
This fall, Kellogg’s® is showing parents how simple it is to get their children the nutrients they need – and it’s surprisingly as easy as a bowl of Kellogg’s cereal plus milk. According to the Breakfast in America study, experts agree that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. However, most moms aren’t always aware of the nutrition that a breakfast of cereal plus milk can provide.
- The dynamic duo of Kellogg’s cereal plus one cup of milk provides protein and four key nutrients (fiber, calcium, vitamin D, and potassium) most likely to be lacking in kids’ diets.
- Research shows that children who eat cereal for breakfast tend to weigh less.
- On average, breakfast cereal provides only 4 percent of the average person’s daily intake of added sugar in the U.S.
- Americans ages 9-13 who eat ready-to-eat cereal take in 49 percent more iron than kids who eat other types of breakfast, 35 percent more Vitamin A than those who ate other types of breakfast, 55 percent more Vitamin A than those who skip breakfast altogether
- Nine out of 10 moms agree that cereal makes a convenient breakfast choice
Learn more about the dynamic duo of cereal plus milk at www.LoveYourCereal.com
I have a fun giveaway for my readers! Enter to win a KELLOGG’S® LOVE YOUR CEREAL® Kit!
- one (1) 18 oz. box of Frosted Mini-Wheats ®
- one (1) Kellogg’s serving platter
- two (2) Kellogg’s cereal bowls
- one (1) Toucan Sam® tote bag
- two (2) Lickety Spoons
Total ARV: $46.89
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: This is not a sponsored post. All thoughts are my own.
Labels: Breakfast, Cereal, Fred Lickety Spoon, Giveaway, Kellogg's, Listen To Your Mom, Love Your Cereal, Toucan Sam Tote Bag